FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Grant's Baby Blessing

January was a very busy month, I think we were in Grand Junction about every other weekend. The weekend of January 12th was different though, we were on our way to Grand Junction to bless Grant, watch Tyler be baptized and confirmed, and attend Alyssa's blessing. Tyler was baptized and Grant and Alyssa were blessed all on the same day. We started the day off with Tyler's baptism and confirmation at the stake center. (We are so proud of Tyler and the little man he is becoming!) After that we went to my parents house for lunch and the two baby blessings. Alyssa was blessed first by her father, Lanny. Lanny did a great job and Alyssa was a little angle, she didn't make a peep during the whole thing. Then it was Seth and Grant's turn. They both did great, especially since Grant was so tired. I don't think I have ever been more proud of my husband. Just seeing him holding our son made me cry (I was also running on about 3-4 hrs of sleep, Grant is not a sleeper). Seth had this look of pride, confidence and awe like, "yes, this is son, isn't he awesome! I don't know what I am doing, but I'm going to give him everything I have." I know that probably doesn't make sense, but it was amazing and the blessing was beautiful. January 12th was definitely a day worth remembering and worth every bit of effort put into it (I was crazy sick the whole time , you can tell in the pictures by my lack of makeup and red nose. I was so sick that when we got back to Utah I had to have surgery on my ear from a wicked bad ear infection that would not go away, fun).
Seth holding Grant right before the blessing.
Aunt Linda was the scribe for the evening. We are very grateful for her quick writing abilities.
Seth, Grant and I with Grandpa and Grandma Hejny. Thanks for supporting us and coming to the blessing, Grandpa and Grandma!
Jan and me holding our little ones. You can tell these two are cousins, don't ya think?
Grant and Alyssa together, almost holding hands. I have to laugh because when Grant was blessed he was in the 90% for height and 75% for weight, but Alyssa still dwarfs him in the pictures, she was off the charts. LOL :)
Mindy and me at the end of Tyler's baptism. It was a great program and everyone who participated did a great job!
Abby, Kylie and Ben at Nana's house waiting for everything to get started.
Dressing Grant for his blessing. It was actually unfortunate and cute all at the same time, but his blessing outfit was too small for him and I couldn't button the back buttons so it made his collar flare/pop up. What a happy family! Thank you to everyone who was able to share the special day with us.
The popped collar, its very popular these days! Grant's so fashion forward!

1 comment:

Edwards. said...

cute post tia! that was a great day! We are so glad that we were able to be there to share the special day!