FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Christmas 2007- Champ's 1st Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas this year. It really hit home for Seth and I as we now have our own baby boy. We spent the Holiday with my family since Seth's was in Kansas and we weren't ready to make the 12 hr drive with a 2 month old baby. Christmas in Grand Junction with the Babbels was great though; all the kids had matching pjs (thanks Nana and Papa), we had good food and a good time just being together. Grant is still a little young for Christmas though, and didn't quite understand what was going on when everyone gathered together to open presents. In fact all the noise from the tearing wrapping paper scared him and made him cry. We were able to spend some time with Pop and Nana Jordan over Christmas break. Pop and Nana loved holding the babies.
They look so cute in their candy cane pjs! Doesn't Grant just look like a brute in this picture? :) I love it! I can't believe they are only two days a part. They are going to have so much fun together when they're a little older.
It was great having all the nieces and nephews around because they always kept the babies entertained. In this picture my mom and I are holding the little ones and showing them Abby's Christmas book while Abby sang them the special Christmas song, "What shall we put on the Christmas Tree." It was adorable and I can still remember all the words to the song! Thanks for being so dang cute Abby!!

We ate like kings and queens when we were at home. Mom made prime rib and crab for Christmas dinner, YUMMY!! We even had aus jus and horseradish sauce to go with the prime rib!! There's actually a funny story behind the prime rib. I love cooking and always help my mom cook when I'm home. We're quite adventurous and like to look up and try new recipes and the prime rib was going to be our grand master piece. Except even after all our research and planning the prime rib wasn't quite done cooking by time everyone was sitting down for dinner. It was still as raw as could be in the middle!!
The Hejny Family Christmas photo! Merry Christmas Everyone!

Seth and I tried to get Grant to open a gift, but he wanted nothing to do with it and looked at me like, "what the heck are you doing to me, Mom?"
Doesn't he look so cute in his little, "HO HO HO" outfit! I love my baby!
Irish and Adrienne came over on Christmas and we had our traditional gift exchange. It was great seeing them! They are two of the most amazing people I know and I feel so blessed to have such friends!

No comments: